Thread: Reset time?
View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2014, 04:57   #28
Gen_Chaos

Gen_Chaos will become famous soon enoughGen_Chaos will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: Reset time?

Well aside from a few ppl who seem to be very invested in being the first to create a block and rape the rest of the universe, most players want a reset.

We put too much time in this game to finish out a really stupid round. This style of stats suits about 20% of players, and I would venture to say these are players who see no problem with the Block-and-Win strategy, if you can call it a strategy. I call blocking a lack of courage to play a competitive game and go head-to-head, mano a mano (or woman a womano :-)). Blocking is always the coward's refuge when skill and strategy fail. It works in elementary school playgrounds and it works in Pa. I always hope for something more from the game, and it amazes me that the stats go further toward making blocking a necessity every round, rather than discouraging it.

There are two issues that will not go away.

1. 5 million ships can land on one ally and that ally cannot protect itself by blocking defensively due to the structural defect that defense is a tick behind offense. This makes a round with these specs an exercise in futility for anybody but early blockers.

2. Any race stat setup that has all but 3 of the top players in one race, and another race with only 3 players in the top 100, is a round that is so flawed on specs that we will likely see so many players go inactive by tick 800 we will all wonder why we are playing. Ever see the stands clear out of fans when the football game is 50-0? Nobody wants to even watch a lopsided event like this, much less play in it.

Please have the guts to call it a loss and give us a new start with tweaked specs. I really can't see wasting another month on this one.
Gen_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote