View Single Post
Unread 9 Jan 2012, 21:54   #23
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Impact of changes to prelaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
Honestly the solution here is to modify attack times, not to try and force people to wake up at ungodly hours. CT knew nothing of this switch before it was announced and we're going to adjust and move on, as the change effects everyone equally I don't see why the smaller allies are disadvantaged by this change, regardless of the timing, as I state above I think they actually benefit.
Modifying attack times is a possibility, the question is do you move it forwards or backwards. If you move attack times forward then you will have to deal with a greater chance of there being defense since most alliances/galaxies will have a good percentages of their ships/fleets home. This means less chance to land.

Moving the attack back would be the best bet. But looking that causes other issues. From past experiences and also from what I know of our members and also knowing their RL commitments (ie some members have asked me to make sure they do not get called/txted at certain hours to come online to send ships because they have babies or are expecting) I know that if I move the attacks back to far we will have issues with coverage. Granted moving attacks back means most alliances/galaxies will have less ships/fleets for defense but if the coverage on the alliance raid is crappy it will most likely translate into no/low roids.

In a perfect world the PL changes would have been announced after Christmas and before new years so that appropriate plans could have been made. IE recruit people to take on certain tasks and team up with another mid sized alliance for attack cooperation so both can benefit from the PL changes.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote