View Single Post
Unread 9 Jan 2012, 20:58   #21
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Impact of changes to prelaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You display the flexibility of a concrete wall.

"Ok, guys and girls, this round there we won't be able to prelaunch much, so we'll launch at 10pm and/or 8am."

Wow. That was hard. Sure took a lot of planning.

WOW and just like that we go from landing 70%+ of our attacks to landing less than 50% of our attack since so many planets/alliances will have defense ships available to defend which means less roids for us which means slower growth which means we will have to take even smaller targets since we have less ships to build with our roids which leads to us going after smaller gals/planets/alliances. This in turn leads to bigger alliances coming after us and attacking our members and since we have a much smaller growth rate than them they can throw way more ships at us so once again our growth rate is hampered. This cycle would continue for most of the round so our members would not have as much fun playing. Or we will have crappy coverage since people wont be able to launch an attack which means the gal can better cross defend and once again we wont get roids.

Why would I put them through that scenario if instead we find homes for them in other alliances for the round, the command team can take a much needed break from PA to recharge since quite a few of us are exhausted and wouldnt mind a bit of a break and hopefully next round others will want to step up and take on more responsibilities within TGV.

If there was time, there are ways to ensure the above didnt happen, but getting all that setup in 7 days, contact all the members, talking with them, making all the plans and making sure nothing is missed plus making agreements with another alliance is just not possible in 7 days. Yeah I know your going to come back and state 7 days is more then enough time but if you had bothered to read you would know that I stated the HC team has RL commitments which meant we could not be as active in the 7 days leading up to tick 1 as much as we would like so cant plan things out. So instead of half assing it and increasing the potential for a bad round for our members we choose the lesser of 2 evils.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote