View Single Post
Unread 28 Jul 2014, 14:55   #39
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Blue's Stats Discussion

Ter Fi: Just 1 Co->Fi ship with better init than the Harpy, but lots of Fr/De that beats it. Switch targets on the Harpy?

Ter De: Every race has something that fires before this fleet. Looks bad.

Ter Bs: The De hole hurts badly. Only 1 race has no De -> Bs ship. Only viable in teamups with Etd.

Cat Co: Init 3 Viper! Interestink. The Moth will make De forts pretty good. A small E/Res buff for Cat Co seems reasonable, to (partly) compensate for this hole.

Cat De: I'm less of a fan of the way you set up the Scarab/Roach. The De fleet is already fairly weak offensively, because it has 3 ships, and now it has to deal with the Roach too.

Cat Cr: This fleet has the even more problematic Retailer to deal with. Neither makes me very happy. I feel like these will weaken Emp overall, making it merely playable for top ranked planets, and useless for everyone else.

Xan Fi: Seriously overpowered. Only Cat can deal with this, and Etd De players can self-cover.

Xan Fr: I like that Fr/De defence doesn't shoot itself, making covering fakes less dangerous. Beyond that, this fleet looks fairly weak. Nearly every race has something to counter it, and the low ERes makes it fall apart to just a token Cat presence.

Xan Cr: The general weakness of Fr/De makes this a pretty strong fleet. There's no Bs->Cr ship that fires before it, either. Probably needs a nerf.

Zik Co: Needs Cat co, since every race has a Fi->Co ship, and only for Etd is it T2. Pure Beetle/Cutlass teamups will turn out very strong, if you have access to a reliable partner. If not... no point going Zik Co.

Zik Fr: Without a decent teamup partner this fleet is dead as shit.

Zik Cr: Lack of a kill ship hurts solo capabilities, but this has a good teamup partner in Cat, again. If you stick with Co/Cr, Cat/Zik alliances will do very well indeed. Too well, in fact.

(I'm also worried about Zik A/C in general. Ships that die before they fire deal no damage.)

Etd Fi: Worse than Xan Fi in every possible way except ERes. Not seeing the point of this fleet.

Etd De: The Investor is delicious, Dealer is useless (terrible init, and steals into the wrong classes), and "Pedlar" should be spelled "Peddler". Mixed bag.

Etd Bs: Weak. Every race save Ter has something that beats this handily, and even Ter has a De->Bs ship that fires at the same time as the Tycoon.

(Also "Distributator"? Try Distributor.)

I feel like these stats are still very much a work in progress. There are vast differences in the viability of the various roiding fleets. Fr/De/Bs looks fairly weak, while Co/Cr and Xan Fi are very strong. Ter and Etd are (very) weak, Cat/Zik together are very strong, Cat and Xan do well solo, and Zik is crap solo. All that is fixable though.

My primary concern is the strength of Cat/Zik alliance strategies. I would limit the cooperation between Zik and Cat to 1 fleet. Counter Zik's terrible solo strength by giving one of its fleets the ability to team up with an Etd fleet with an EMP ship in it. Xan Fi just needs to exchange one of its ships' init with that of one of Etd's Fi to balance things out, and Fr/De's weakness can probably be resolved through eff changes alone.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 28 Jul 2014 at 15:01.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote