View Single Post
Unread 21 Nov 2005, 16:22   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Switch/Router to work with Netgear SC101 (DHCP help?)

I just got one of the Netgear SC101 NAS drives to add some extra storage.

I have the following switch: http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...613&pfp=BROWSE

Plugging the SC101 into the switch doesn't seem to work and I can't detect the SC101 on the network. I think this is a problem with DHCP but I'm not really sure what I need to do or whether the switch I have is compatible with the SC101.

If anyone can advise me on how to get this working it'd be great. I think the most likely response is that I'll need to get a new switch/router and if that's the case I was hoping that people could recommend one that'll work with the SC101.

A wireless switch/router may be even better but it'd need to have at least one ethernet port for the SC101 to plug in to.

The network is setup:

USB Modem -> Main PC -> Switch (the one linked above) -> Other PCs and SC101

Hard drives are connected fine. There are three lights on the front of the SC101, hard drives, power and network. The first two are fine (green) but the network has a problem (orange).

I'm sure the problem is with DHCP but I don't really know what I need to know. The SC101 needs DHCP running for it to work but I don't know if the switch I have does this or how to check.

I suspect it doesn't and I should be looking at getting a decent switch/router.

Thanks for any help.
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote