View Single Post
Unread 7 Feb 2006, 11:16   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: I've not played since Round Z? What's changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
The way any logical person sees it is if it takes 5h there it will take 5h back.
That would be true. Similarly, if it takes 4 hours to get there, it should take 4 hours to get back. Which is what i said in my above post: your fleet doesnt actually launch untill the tick after you hit the launch button - this is demonstrated by the news item that you receive once a fleet has been launched. Thus, it "really" takes 4 hours to travel inside your own galaxy, however in PAX when it was set up like this people kept stuffing up the ETAs. So it was changed such that you must hit the launch button at ETA 5 such that your fleet and the enemy fleet match ETA at ETA 4 which is the actual time it takes in-galaxy.

Quote:
This is not a role playing game where you can make up in character reasons for why things work a certain way and have them accepted regardless of them not being in any way logical.
well, many things in PA are made up - ship stats are one - and other things dont make much sense - logical or otherwise. however, they exist for a reason and that is to make the game (more or less) playable. get over it.

Personally, i dont think it is important really to understand why something works per se; rather, all you need to know is that to defend your galaxymates, match the ETAs - ie, if your galaxymate has ETA 5 incoming, launch your fleet with no prelaunch tick. If it is ETA 6, launch with 5+1, ETA 7 is 5+2 etc etc. Further, keep in mind that return ETA is always Original ETA - 1; thus your "ETA 5" in-gal fleet returns in 4 ticks.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote