Thread: Mil Centres
View Single Post
Unread 7 Oct 2014, 12:49   #31
fortran

fortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the roughfortran is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mil Centres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
Fortran this is more in the lines of where I'm thinking yours was perhaps abit drastic tho.
It is drastic, but it is simple and lean. A real life solution. The changes to the game would be reduced to a minimum.

I wanted to suggest this factor to be called the "Whining Factor" alongside the bravery factor in the formula, but that would be trolling.

==============

On the other hand I can see the points of the old players about this issue. PA for those who saw Joseph's strategy harmful to the game is not about winning at all costs, but winning in a way all the ones who usually fight for the top (a small part of the community) agree it is acceptable. It is like a gentlemen's agreement.

The standard path to the top includes:
- being active
- being the least hated
- being in a good gal with good players to support you, helping you fencing the gal
- being able to leech and being preferred among the leechers from your ally
- being able to get pnaps

The later 3 requirements are not something that any player can afford without putting a few years of dedication to the game and not something you get playing in a small and closed group.

I only don't get why you didn't crush his strategy easily ingame and chose to crush it in forums. To never have to deal with it again maybe? Coz, even nerfing fakeatks and xp formula there is no guarantee it won't happen again. The safest route is to ban Xp.