View Single Post
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 11:32   #36
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Double standards ahoy

I have to agree with zhukov on this. Why shouldn't the russians demand the world market price? A gas-company, even if it's controlled by a government, isnt exactly a charity-organization, is it? Most oil-companies are owned by states, noone seems to complain about them.
But this thread became somewhat hypothetical now, they have reached a deal. The russians get a little more money, the ukraine still pays less than the market price, everyone is happy.
If this whole incident shows one thing, then it is that Europe is far too dependend on russian gas. I don't think the whole EU could get its supplies from Norway, at least not for very long.