View Single Post
Unread 22 Feb 2009, 10:49   #39
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: To save planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubert Samson View Post
Seconded

PA has greatly increased the opportunities for casual players, back in the "golden days" of PA, there was no chance to become big unless you could always be on to manage your incs and launch when you needed to (there was no prelaunch) and when you lost roids/ships, you didnt have a whole lot left to your score because it was primarily value, so I dont think this is an issue.
That is just plain wrong, not from a basic gameplay point of view, as u say in r3 it was harder to get to the top than it is now. However it was entirely possible to maintain a decent account with 10 mins a day - i did it; i was very slowly coaxed onto IRC by my galaxy - unable to exile me, therefore desperate to make something of me. More importantly the tempo of the game was slower; being gal-raided was, if not at war, a weekly, not daily phenomenon - because there where more gals to choose from! Quite appart from that you could lead an existance pretty much independent of the big guys while being in the higher up nub clusters.
All these were the benefits of size as such offer no solutions, except that it was a lot easier to play inactively, enjoy it and develop a planet along a line of comparison where U might be big, not against the 100's of millions in score of Game, Biggdogg, Singu et al. but compared against the single digit of tens of millions of your freinds.