Thread: A new emp.
View Single Post
Unread 16 Dec 2010, 19:38   #21
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A new emp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
That wasn't true in r39. 2 cath in top 100 (none in top50). It wasn't possible to become big as the emp was so weak everybody could land on you for free.
I predicted pretty much this pre-round to Appocomaster, although i didnt think it would end up that extreme. It was a problem with the stats/peoples perception, not the mechanics.

Cath are an unusual race to balance, on paper that round, they actually wasnt that bad. They had nice efficiencys and could easily attack solo. The thing is though, any decent player who wanted to go cath thought that ETD Co (all EMP) was the better option. Now you say Cath was crap, but how well did ETD Co planets do in r39? whats that you say, they was regarded as the best race?

Cath were so weak last round, as they didnt have the numbers or the decent players playing as cath. With cath, people need to think its abit over-powered in order to consider playing it.. last round, the stats for cath planets were good but no Co roiding fleet, people just didnt think they was over-powered or that ETD Co was better.

tldr; EMP wtfpwned last round, so i dont know what you're talking about.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote