View Single Post
Unread 5 Jan 2007, 12:01   #27
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Why I don't use the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Getting a return train to London (if I want to get there before midday) costs approximately £200.
To fly costs £60.
To drive maybe £80.
It's a no-brainer really.
Code:
 Manchester - London

Depart 	06:42 	07:18 	07:43 	07:54 	08:17
Arrive 	10:04 	10:46 	10:52 	11:37 	11:49

*  Saver Return
    * £39.25

* Standard Open Return
    * £144.55
orly

Also taking a car means you can't get into central london without paying congestion charges, parking charges, and you have the added hassle of having to drive there and back. Which is slower and means you can't sleep or whatever on the train.

The flight doesn't actually cost £60, as you haven't taken airport tax into account, which is usually £50 in total from both airports.

The best form of transport, which you ignored completely, is actually buses. Especially in London. They're a bit slower, but they're cheaper and (I believe) economically better for the environment. They also run all night (well they do in london).

Did you seriously drive everywhere when you lived in Croydon? The trains+bus service was excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
Does anyone think rail privatisation was a good idea by the way?
Yes.

Last edited by Tomkat; 5 Jan 2007 at 12:08.
Tomkat is offline   Reply With Quote