View Single Post
Unread 17 Aug 2005, 17:59   #34
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Planet Alliance I dentification

I don't know if it's just me that thinks this, but I assume when you're talking about disadvantages for smaller players with less contacts, you mean an increase in being roided right?

thinking as say a 1up member, i'm only going to roid the alliances i'm at war with, but then i'm a member of a disaplined alliance so you'd expect that. So tagging up some rank 30 alliance is not going to matter one hoot to my targetting choice. So who is it going to matter to?

probably the rank 10 - 15 allies, or even these days the 5+ alliances who will opt for easy roids rather than the chance to win by attacking strategically, because they've decided winning is unachievable anyway. And what you're giving them, is information about which planets belong to allies they should fear, and which don't. except they already know this..... they have a golden rule, don't attack someone bigger than you, as that indicates they're better than you and thus probably in a better ally. And if i'm intellignet enough a player to know that i can actually try to sneak in a raid on a biggish guy in a bigger gal with even bigger planets than him, i'm not going to base which one of say 3 planets i hit in terms of his alliance as a fixed rule, but rather on which ally i know is getting most incs that night and is drained, because i'm smart see?

infact what it will do, is allow the planets being hit repeatedly, to identify who is doing it. and with that knowledge you can apply playground rebuttals which is stand and fight back or go down as the softie, be that to fight with military, or politically, call out an alliance for not hitting its supposed targets, or even worse, providing proof for "n00bie bash0ring".

just a thought

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote