Thread: 11/11/11
View Single Post
Unread 23 Nov 2011, 18:45   #29
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: 11/11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You're putting up a straw man with this "the weak will always be exploited, so why do anything at all?" argument.
Am I?

I've tried to elaborate it and ask for argumentation, but I've never quite understood how exactly is the financial system inherently so evil. I can't perceive it being any more evil than the people holding the power - which seems to be the case in very many historical events. It could be argued, that dictatorship as a form of governance isn't inherently evil or wrong or even bad - it's the dictator making it so. You would find thousands of academic economical papers on why say Bretton Woods was a failure, and why it doesn't work - and what are the issues in compared to a more modern system (touted "fiat money system" by the critics), but of course, this is all a part of a conspiracy.

It is very difficult to see the "real" problem with the banking system apart from greedy people and imperfect information - but these are universal issues that happen to have a very real meaning everywhere, be there banking system or not.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote