View Single Post
Unread 5 Sep 2006, 16:23   #44
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things that will never be funny even in jest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Actually, Doctor Who is often funny (especially in the Douglas Adams edited or written ones), and RTD is no longer the script editor.
Well yes, some of the older ones could be.
I suppose what I mean is that it will never be funny when it tries to be in jest - like the newer ones that particularly strained to be with shitty slapstick-esque comedy and just ended up making you cringe.

I'll retract Doctor Who and say RTD himself, in that case

(And as for him not being script editor anymore, thank **** for that. I still think he's going to screw things up enough as executive producer though, sadly. He's already said there's going to be more earth family soap bollocks in this coming series. Sigh.)

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote