View Single Post
Unread 24 Jun 2008, 14:59   #117
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Denial HCs Round 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX
What difference does it make if this support team member was a HC in Denial or not. Because he is our HC this doesnt make him a support team member and they shudnt believe him when he says its ok? KoKs shud have known better yes. Reese and eksero were naive to believe this wasnt wrong and made a genuine mistake, as all humans do. They arent malicious cheaters and the scale of advantage gained in this case is neglible.
This whole "naive mistake" argument just doesn't hold up I'm afraid. I've known elviz for many many years and although I believe there's more to him than just his sordid past, I also know for a fact he knows the rules very well and there is literally no chance in hell he'd be unaware that what he was doing was illegal, and as such you have a outright guilty party amongst the co-conspiritors. Furthermore I spent some time in the same gal as eksero two rounds ago, and he did not display the level of IT ineptitude that would be required for a person not to understand that altering the information that is sent to the server gives them an unfair advantage, and as such is obviously illegal.

That's something else that bugs me with this argument. How naive does one have to be in order not to know that something which enables you to do things which others aren't able to do without specific knowledge which they have not been given gives you an unfair advantage. And how could any kind of unfair advantage ever be anything other than cheating?

I'd normaly be the first to question the capabilities of your HC's, but in this situation, I find that there is no possibility that the knowledge of the illegality of what they did escaped them.