Thread: Neg Reps
View Single Post
Unread 9 Jan 2007, 17:18   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Neg Reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Well, I would prefer someone had the balls and talk to me or "write to me" in pm if they agreed with my views
That possibility is currently there through the PM system, and has been around long before the rep system was put into place. No one went around writing PMs to everyone detailing why they disagreed with a post.

Additionally, the rep system allows people to leave a comment as to why they are disapproving of a post - if people don't wish to fill it out, they're not going to bother contacting you to tell you why they disagree with you either.

So what you prefer is something which isn't realistic and isn't going to happen.

Quote:
The obivious abuse and chewing up new people on the board
You mean, the same abuse that has been complained about long before the rep system was in place? People getting chewed up is something that happens in plain view on the forum whenever it happens, and has little to nothing to do with whether someone is new or not, but whether they are shitty posters or not.

Complaining about being given neg rep and demanding that the forum admins "fix" the system because you care so much about your Internet Points that you cannot look at a red blob, conclude that someone has disagreed with your post and move on, rather than go "Rargh, someone has neg repped me my Internet Status has been diminished and I must know who is responsible for this", is all in all pretty silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
And your statement about caring about internet points really is a mockery because if you really didnt care, why would you post here, and why would you make a point out of it at all
I care about not seeing repeated whine threads about the rep system pop up. You may also want to note I haven't made a point out of anything, I'm merely responding to CBA and you making a big deal out of it, which is pretty laffo.