Thread: No more IRC
View Single Post
Unread 15 Jul 2017, 08:59   #6
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: No more IRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I agree there's a problem with fragmentation. I've even seen a few people exile because a galaxy used the 'wrong' medium of communication. I expect that to be more common in places more decicated to actually playing the game than most of the ones I'm in. A royal decree from PA Team about which platform is the Correct one seems pointless to me. You'll never get enough people to join in on it, we're all too committed to our favourite one.

If you want to unify the community, I think a better approach would be to ensure communication on one platform is available on others as well. Ascendancy uses a bot to relay information back and forth between Slack and IRC, which works very well. If that existed for other platforms as well, it wouldn't matter which one you personally used.
Future/Bows had a bot that relayed between telegram and irc.

I think irc is still a good middle ground, it's the lack of good irc app that let's it down. If it was an 'always on' chat app that would bring people back
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote