Thread: Cheaters?
View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2011, 11:09   #62
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Cheaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
i agree pod farming is bad but i wouldnt consider it a major problem. i am against all cheating but value gaining crashes can have a significant effect on the round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post
Idd, Pod farming is minor compared to 20% of value leaps in the last week of the round.
Edit - added salvage incase anyone feels like being a fanny and points out that pod farming is the same as donating.
I totally agree with ya lads there. (salvage) Donations are a greater evil than pod farming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
No, not really, as it was all under multihunter supervision and none of it was cheating. Miraculously enough, the biggest crashes weren't even on my planet.

I mean, you're being really, really naive aren't you.
If the playerbase had the same morality as rein, we wouldn't need a multihunter (MH) team You might call him naive keiz, I would call rein honest.

Quote:
Good luck finding competent unbiased MH staff to work this out.
Not being unfair to Remy and fiery when they where the head MHs I don't think it is fair to comment on their performance when I have little or no recollection of their reign.

I do significantly remember Assassin's reign as Head MH
He simply didn't give a flying XXXX who (regardless of their standing) he closed if he thinks someone did wrong beyond reasonable doubt he closed them.... that in itself was a deterent / put the fear factor into cheating.
Which IMO is currently lacking.
Whilst cheating through the backdoor was still done (as I am not saying Assassin eliminated all cheating) Some may argue that the Support planet rule was a political gimmick, for myself being in subh which was a minor alliance at the time and didn't use vsh/other "support planets" it was a great way to ensure fairness was carried out.

I do recall on occasion receiving out of tag/gal/cluster defence (when this was implimented) on my attacks. The target then thinking his call was covered.
I wait until eta 4 then go to #multihunters and then *ahem* report the offending fleets got them removed and hey presto my attack was now landable as the round progressed this happened less and less because the folk who were using these "support planets" got wise to it I.E. That their incs aren't covered as it seems.
I enjoyed playing my part in helping out the Multihunters in this aspect.

From my point of view Assassin was a compentent and unbiased MH but I am not sure if Ex 1up/Exil players would say the same.

Quote:
You then probably also understand that this is already at least the past of the game.

And to achieve it permissions to 'use support planets that are not really support planets' and other such bollocks have been acquired from the MH staff.

I can't believe this shit debate still goes on, but I can believe the official answer is going to be the same as ever.
What I can say is where MHs / morality of not cheating fails....
Compensate via Ingame mechanics.

last major example I can think of is from r35

For this round we are also trialling the following changes:
A planet in an alliance can only be defended by other members of the alliance or his galaxy
Cluster ETA bonus for defence removed.
(reference http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki/index.php/Round_35 )

Not only did it stop cheating via folk setting up "support planets" just for the sole purpose of building a certain ship type to defend certain planets.
It help reduce pollution of the quality of the playerbase, don't know about the rest of you but I got sick exiling these type of planets out of my gal just to get a legitimate PA player who come on to IRC, join the gal channel and actually be a contributing gal mate.
But It also enduced fi/co heavy rounds just to negate out of tag/gal/cluster defence. (Explanation available apon request)

As I seem to keep preaching ... take away the gain from it you take away the motive.

Last edited by Paisley; 28 May 2011 at 11:23. Reason: see notes
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote