Thread: Top 5 Comedians
View Single Post
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 17:09   #43
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
Re: Top 5 Comedians

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I think the problem with Stephen Merchant is that he can't really hold it on his own. He needs someone to play off, his humour is self-depricating rather than observational, so I don't think he could do stand-up.
well i dont think he can be any worse than ricky gervais. what he did wasnt even standup, all he did was
1) makes jokes about a cripple (ironically of course!)
2) retell some bullshit 'anecdotes' about mates being caught having a wank or people shitting themselves on trains that i heard in the school playground 15 years ago
3) rip off lee and herring from when they did the fable sketch on fist of fun in the mid 90s

just baffles me how people thing he's good at standup comedy (admitedly his other shows might have been better, i havent bothered watching them)