View Single Post
Unread 25 May 2015, 16:32   #195
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Blue's Stat Set Rnd 62

Figured I should take another look at them after all the hullabaloo of the last few days.

My main criticism when I last looked at these stats was that there were too many useless off-class ships. Since then, most of these ships have been made useful, but that means they had to be made useful against something. Consequently, most races now have a hard counter against most attack fleets. The most extreme example is Ter, which has counters to everything except Etd De. Only Cat roids more than 3 races (I haven't looked at Effs), and most other fleets roid 0-2 races solo. That makes these stats far too defensive for my liking.

If I'd seen this a week ago, I would've suggested going back to the r61 stats, which only had problems that would've been easily fixable. As it stands, it's probably too late to do much about it.

More generally speaking, this reveals that ship stats can either 1) be static, with people having little choice as to what ships to build, because they only have a few (useful) ships, or 2) very defensive, with people having a lot of useful ships to choose from, all of which combined stops most attack fleets. Bad and worse.

It amuses me that half of this thread is about the EMP effs, an issue that is as visible as it is minor, while completely overlooking the huge honking banner that's hanging over the stats: 'INIT TO 1500 INIT TO 1500!".
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 25 May 2015 at 16:40.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote