View Single Post
Unread 4 Nov 2014, 02:17   #43
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
Re: Reward for Disting

I dont have much to add in terms of specific suggestions, but it does seem to me that the cost of information in general is -far- too cheap in PA. For me, strategic decision making is a big part of PA - some of it long term (FCs vs. Dists), some of if short term (Should I land/pull?). I feel that a lot of the most fun/interesting situations arise when that decision making has to be made under some kind of uncertainty, but PA doesnt really do that much to increase the frequency of these situations.

What this means is in general, I would like to see it made harder / more expensive for people to get information. I like the idea of more advanced scans being easier to block, and I like the idea of more scans being restricted to planets with some kind of interaction. I also would like to throw out the idea of other bits of info being affected by amps / dists. Perhaps PL fleets from planets with few dists could get noticed a tick earlier on JPG scans? Perhaps rather than making xan ships cloaked by default, cloaking could depend on the scan:amp ratio of the planets involved (for all races, perhaps with race specific base cloaking ability)?
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote