View Single Post
Unread 26 Oct 2014, 03:48   #31
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reward for Disting

Not going to brain-melt this post with math and well-thought out strategy discussion....back to the "basic" OP.

There were a few good suggestions in the mix here, I just need a clearer mind to chew on it a bit.

As for "extra" bonuses to distorters--I would be hesitant to agree to anything that provided resources in any way. Building them to be "un-scannable" is extreme. The basic idea is to at least stop INC scans late-game. Scanners gonna scan. More power to you if you get crazy with it and go full bore distorters.

Assuming most people get 60 FC's and 2 res labs. Add to that 4-6 of each factory. There's 80 constructions that "most" planets could theoretically have late-round. Refineries to taste. Structure Defense and Military Centres to taste. How many amps/distorters will you end up having based on your race after all those structures are taken into consideration....especially based upon value play. Even good fakes can be covered for all classes if you have shit value...

Dedicated scanners should be able to get a 100% AU on dist-whores. Slap-dick value-whores should not be able to get anything out of an incoming scan other than pod-count, provided the amps : dists difference is nominal (10% seems to be a theme). Otherwise it should be "innacurate" like Unit scans; scans will always yeild different results in the "total ships" column...unless your amps are over 10% greater than the attackers distorters. (insert maths here, etc).

I wouldn't try to associate any sort of XP "bonus" with distorters either. The holes in that idea are fairly well apparent. If I'm giving up passive income with refineries and FC's so that you pull your hair out because you can't scan me, distorters are working "as intended" in my eyes. Smells like roids and XP.

Or ships die in fire...

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote