View Single Post
Unread 1 Dec 2006, 06:36   #11
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: IE 7 (hey leshy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging.Retard
Erf, I hate threads involving MS products... you get so much uneducated "blah blah is crap" because people (sup Phil^) seem to think it's either cool to bash MS, or have used an unreliable product from them 400 years ago, and so now everything is crap.
Or simply think that said product IS crap.
I was asked for my opinion - that is it. Its somewhat patronising of you to assume that i dont like it because i want to bash microsoft or hold a grudge for some reason.

With standards compliance i was more referring to css2 but yes, it doesnt pass acid2 either and as you rightly pointed out neither does firefox atm.
I think opera and safari are the only ones which do currently

Activex is a terrible terrible technology that has a deeply flawed implementation. It is a significant reason why there are so many exploits for things out there. yes its been patched again and again in order to try and make it better; but the best solution would have been to get rid of it entirely.

Regarding deployment, i resent how its being forced as a windows update in order to try and 'win the browser wars' again a-la-netscape. A products success should be entirely dependant on how good it is, not how easily it can be rammed down the average user's throat.