View Single Post
Unread 1 Jul 2010, 01:03   #34
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If I could make three changes to Planetarion, they'd be .....

Lol... 3 suggestions? im going to make more!

1. Make the only the top 10 planets in random galaxys count towards the galaxy score, so that alliances or groups of players dont decided to abuse the galaxy/exile system to get a easy top galaxy. People should go private if they've got an alliance or group of players to play with, Random is for new players or older players who want an easier round. They shouldnt be able to compete for top galaxy unless they've got top planets.
2. Races should be deleted, its a fail idea. Why should someone have to make a decision which will affect there entire round at signup? A New player doesnt know what race is the best for them and most active players dont even predict the best race for the round.
3. Tech tree should allow choices and paths again.
4. The tech tree should be bigger than the round, so that no-one can reasearch everything... People have to choose what area's they prioritze. The current tech tree is completly s**t, seriously.. wtf.. you've simplified it down to nothing.
5. Add in my quest/scan system, which makes sure that EVERYONE can play the damm game. Why the hell have you designed a game which new players cant play? You want to attack, you need scans.. you're under attack, you need scans? Why do you need a personal scanner to play the game. Its an absolutly stupid design flaw, I'm struggling to even imagine a scenario where its good. http://pastebin.com/tiBLfQnd <--- i realise no-one will actually read it, but wtf.. you've got the almost perfect scan/quest system handed to you.. implenet it.
6. Change resources so that they actually mean something. You've nerfed the game down to such a state that Metal/Crystal/Eonium are basically the same. Everyone inits to 100/100/100 roids at startup, theres no difference in the resource system. You might as well have just 1 resource or you can enact change and bring back the old style where init'ing roids cost metal, scans cost crystal, and maybe that ships cost more eonium.
7. Bring back the galaxy disband option for private galaxys.
8. Publish what Multihunters use as there guidence for closing planets.
9. Create something to do every tick, such as planet management. It wouldnt force you to be online every tick but would give you a slight advantage if you was.
10. Sort the intel system out. Allow alliances to automatically give intel to other alliances.. In the alliance HC section, allow alliance HC's to automatically update other alliances intel sections with there planets.
11. zPeti sell the game to Spinner.
12. Introduce a passport system.
13. Give bonuses to those people within the passport system who sign up to multirounds.
14. Introduce a simplified stat system, seriously.. PA uses a completly crap combat system.

That is all i can think of in my drunken state. There may be spelling mistakes!
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote