View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2009, 08:52   #44
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of
Re: How exactly are new multihunters picked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Given that there is a lithuanian ethnic group, given that the definition of racism includes prejudice against any ethnic group due to the irrationality of attempting to operate off outdated definitions of racism and given the nature of an insult, "turd eating black piece of trash" etc, it's obviously racist. The idea that there needs to be the use of the word "stupid ni g g er" or "****ing jew" for something to be racist is part of what makes a large part of the current understanding of what constitutes racism so flawed.

Nonetheless if the best we can hope to say is 'judge isn't racist he's just horribly prejudiced against lithuanians' I'm not really sure we're going down a productive path.

Ethnic - pertaining to or characteristic of a people, esp. a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.

Which makes us all part of an ethnic group - i'm from essex and female - does that make essex girl jokes racist jokes ?

Lithuanians in planetarion do have a bad rep and not just because of cardi's vociferous views.
I'm quite sure that there are some really nice law abiding tow the line ones, we just havent met them yet and it clouds judgement, which is not racism, its being human!
My point is that we are all capable of saying things in the heat of the moment that we regret uttering, it does not make us bad people, it does not necessarily make us racist, it makes us what we are - slightly flawed human beings. Capable of strong emotions which we cannot allways control.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL