View Single Post
Unread 30 Jan 2007, 18:18   #50
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Ticks stop - rollback etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef!
We wont be changing out decision. As i stated earlier in #planetarion. Last round we were asked to produce standard procedures on downtime which we have done in consultation with the alliance reps and others. We have followed this procedure to the letter and will not back down on this.
and
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
Okay, let me put this in context.

Our Downtime Procedure was placed upon the Portal 8 weeks ago after discussions which Chef has already commented upon. The community as a whole has had 8 weeks to comment on the Downtime Procedure, however we have received nothing against it until now, when it becomes convenient.

The main problem we encountered last downtime was that we were inconsistent with our decisions, and there were calls for a procedure to be put in place.

The main issue here is the recall of fleets, we are following the downtime procedure that has been in place now for 2 months, as Chef has said, this decision will not be overturned.
awesome! PA Team - CONTINUALLY proving themselves to never back down when they are wrong or swallow pride about their retarded procedure.

SUBJECTIVITY - learn the word please, and apply it to all of your 'procedures', this sort of sickening bureaucracy is seriously nothing short of laughable

though i am personally not affected at all apart from the waste of a day - i am nevertheless disappointed(well, not really - it can't get worse eh) by the imbeciles in charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef
Ok guys, we know that we are not going to please everyone every time we make a decision but when we do make a decision we are not going to change our decision.

One of the things that certain people have suggested is that we try to code a feature whereby when we disable logins in this situation in future, players will be able to login but only be able to recall their fleets and then it will be up to you guys if you want your fleet recalled or not and no-one will be able to complain about it not being fair on either side.

As well as this i'd just like to point out to Marv, that he was on PATeam when the downtime procedure was put in place, he agreed to it and maybe now is a little late to be bringing up issues in its implementation.
you do NOT need to issue a full recall. if you continue things as it were with just the 1 tick rollback - NOONE can have any complaints other than laughing at the silly 24hr delay, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER FOR A RECALL. that is why EVERYONE BUT30-40 PEOPLE SO WHO HAVE HAD GOOD LANDS are being dealt unfairly
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote