Thread: Round 52 stats
View Single Post
Unread 6 May 2013, 21:24   #11
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Round 52 stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Considering that Co fleets completely dominated r50, a nerf there is rather necessary. This (as said), automatically buffs De, because Co and De are locked like the tides, so Ter De doesn't require an explicit improvement.

However, that has nothing to do with Ter Bs. Ter Bs is weak because you can't go pure Bs. Ter De requires 4 ships (Centaur, Pegasus, Drake, Wyvern) whereas Ter Bs requires the same 4 ships plus Dragons (you could also replace Pegasus with Harpies, for the same effect). Therefore, a buff is reasonable.

I don't think it needs to be particularly huge, though, considering that having an Etd Bs fleet to hug shit will help Ter Bs a lot, offensively.

Interestingly, Etd Bs faces the same problem that Ter Bs does, with the Investor as the Drake and the Tycoon playing the role of the Dragon. Different types makes that less important though.

So, yeah, I think your sarcasm is misplaced.
While CO fleets might have 'dominated' r50... Ter BS was so strong practically nothing could stop it from getting massive xp lands both early and late round. This was a strong reason for ND's rise to power. Add to this the complete disability for 3 races to stop DE fakes and an overly strong pegasus and you see where my issue with Terran as a whole comes from.

If/when Ter BS does get boosted i foresee a lot of ppl going offensive only with some defensive xan and zik support planets. As ter BS you would build primarily Pegs, Wyvern and Dragon, leaving you open to FI and BS. Fi is too crap to be around and would be easily stopped by some massive Inforza fleet while you need massive ghostfleets to stop BS incs.

Tbh, the etd/zik CR/BS switch in itself is allready a boost to BS. As Ter BS now has the backup of an emp ship to stun the only real danger to them (ghosts)

While CO fleets were massively strong offensively, they had a major struggle in defending against a larger number of incoming (especially other CO) unless you added a tonne of 'useless' ships to be able to fake ur anti CO.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote