View Single Post
Unread 3 Sep 2007, 11:31   #33
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Re: Fix the roiding to be independant of user id

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
I would guess that part of the reason its done like it currently is due to the fact the tick length would increase if it was done like suggested. The reason for that would be you would have to loop through all the planets again and run two extras calculations not to mention multiple extra database writes.

After all as you loop through the planets for battle reports you would have to write one db record for roids lost for anyone being attacked and upto 3 roids gained records for anyone attacking. Then when these have been worked out and written you would then need to loop through the planets again, deduct all the roids lost before adding all the roids gained.

Now while the tick takes around 4 mins now to fully complete and that isn't that high compared to the past so another minute or so wouldn't be an major problem it would be a slight annoyance and should the number of players increase it could be a problem.
Actually, the tick length would not be that much longer, i think its measured in seconds (form what i have seen in the code). And the tick doesnt last 4 minutes, its (atm) not even 1 minute
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote