View Single Post
Unread 29 Aug 2007, 14:12   #15
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Fix the roiding to be independant of user id

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
I wasn't really asking a simple question, it was a question about why the game doesn't support it yet.
You didn't read between the lines that locking things up for while it ticks was probably the "easy way out". If you're good with database transactions, or your talent lies at improving code, I'd definately (for my part) welcome you to fix and code the game code. I don't think there would be many people against you or anyone else able and willing sacrificing their free time for no payment whatsoever to work on the code of the game.

Quote:
4 minutes seems a bit slow? I can understand ticks involving more battles taking up to this length of time, but more simple ticks should be quite fast.
Yeah, 4 minutes is a little slow. Even with a large database, I can't force Eviews or SPSS run a table for more than a minute. And those are large amounts of data in compared to what a 3000 ident universe can contain. The answer is the same as to the request above.

On the other thread, they were wondering why there's been so little changes in the Planetarion game mechanics of late years.

The answer has been told over and over again, and it's the same answer than to the question why PAN never happened round 17. And why the fabled passport system still isn't in place. Because there's not enough volunteers to run it. It's a small miracle someone actually administers the game on the level it's currently rolling on.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote