View Single Post
Unread 12 Jan 2007, 16:16   #46
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Paul Tomkins Article on Liverpool

You disagree?

You think winning the league means more than winning the European Cup?

No one ever remembers the league winners, they remember the European Cup winners though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
If you're not challenging for the title (they weren't even close to third out of four theoretical contenders) then you lose part of the legitimacy of saying you're the best team in Europe.
I disagree. The legitamcy is done on the season you qualified. When Villa qualified we were league champions (81) in the year we won the European Cup we finished 11th (82) now for a team of villa who had a squad of 16 players to achieve league and cup was nigh on impossible.

It was either league or cup.

Secondly regardless if Liverpools league form before the European Cup season was shite, that doesn't matter. The rules of the competition states that the top 4 teams in Britain qualify for the tournament.

It is certainly harder flying to Bucharest then driving to Bolton, or playing Real Madrid instead of Reading. The European Cup is and will remain to be the watermark for sucessful teams.

Chelsea, Blackburn, Man Utd, Arsenal have all shown that if you have money (and perhaps most importantly few teams who can challenge) the league can be yours.

I will finish with this quote of stes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov
Anyone can win a cup, it takes consistancy to win the league
Anyone can win the league. Football was invented before 1992 and money.

The European Cup is the pinacle of Football. I bet if you asked any European Footballer what trophy do they desire the most, the european cup would be there. Keane wanted to win it so badly (i.e. actually play in it) Legends have been made because of it, and overall there is nothing quite like a European Football night.

Great Football, Great Passion, Great excitment.

Of course if a team south of New Street could actually ever win a European Cup I'm sure they would stop harping on about how great the league is.

A good team win the league. A great team win the cup.