Thread: Galaxy Exiles
View Single Post
Unread 18 Mar 2014, 00:40   #13
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Galaxy Exiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
i was unaware about any time stamp on exiles.
???

Mxy is getting at what I'm saying about. Currently these 'super galaxies' control every element of exiling except what galaxy the exiler lands in, tho they can hedge there bets on this by have lots of ppl trying to exile in and keeping themselves in the 'goldilocks zone'.

What I am proposing and mxy is taking about is removing a few of these elements from their control whilst not damaging the intended purpose of exiling.

If PA was to change exiling so it only took place as the ticker ticked and not inbetween then all these people trying to exile to the super gal would be lumped with everyone else exiling. Currently these super galaxies like to perform there exiling in half through ticks so they avoid all the dross and heighten there chances of landing where they want.

For example if the SG (super galaxy) had 7 ppl in it at tick and was in the exile bracket along with 10 other galaxies then there isn't much chance of getting in. So the game ticks and everyone exiles ppl out, these start filling up the galaxies in the exile bracket ( basically everyone swaps the dross), maybe gets 1 but if not they are left as maybe 1 of 3 galaxies with a very high chance of getting an exiler. If you allow 25-30 mins for this to take place then the guy you want exiles from his gal he has vastly better odds of landing in the SG.

So we need to remove certain elements of exiling to stop this bending of the exiling mechanics. It is not cheating.

Removing manual self exiling would go a long way to this. If you setup self exile like reset or deletion is then you take away probably the biggest bend in system. Giving ppl 24 ticks hard coded between exiles would slow down movement a lot and would force some '1337' ppl to give the galaxy of decent players a try rather than making a beeline for there SG.

Making it so all exiling happens at the tick (regardless of when voted out of exile) makes all exiles equal. A simple ticker add of exile out/shuffle/exile in cannot be too hard to code.

Galaxies should always have the ability to exile out who they want but they should not be able to influence who they get in via the game mechanics.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote