View Single Post
Unread 7 Feb 2015, 09:34   #200
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R60 mid round turmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
The personal attacks ain't exactly PC but if thats what aggravates your opponent why not run with it? are you honestly saying we should all be nice to each other... plz
The term 'politically correct' is just an euphemism for 'not acting like a prick'. When you're playing a console game with your friend, not everything that helps you win the game is acceptable. Calling them names or shoving them (beyond friendly banter between friends) in order to win is not appropriate, and will very quickly lead to you playing alone, possibly with a black eye or one fewer friend. When you're playing a game competitively, in the context of a tournament, such behaviour will get you disqualified and possibly blacklisted. If those behaviours were part of the game, it would be called MMA or a rap battle.

In PA, the boundaries between what is part of the game and what isn't are extremely murky. We could fill an entire thread with a discussion over what is acceptable and what is not, and still get nowhere, because that's not something we've agreed on in the physical world either. My stance is that I expect people to behave like decent human beings.

I accept that that's not a rule that can be easily enforced, nor do I believe it should be. It's not PA Team's role to moderate the entire Internet, thankfully. PA Team has a say over ingame communications (and if anything, they're a little too trigger happy there) and over forum communications (a bit too lenient, though that's a far harder judgement to make). But even Netgamers, which is effectively an IRC network dedicated entirely to PA, is not under the jurisdiction of PA Team, and should not be moderated by them.

The only one who has a say over how you behave online is you, and my post in this thread was meant as a means to convince people to behave less like jerks. They can do with that what they will. They appear to be doing nothing with it, which is exactly what I expected, because that's how tribalism works.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 7 Feb 2015 at 09:41.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote