View Single Post
Unread 27 Jul 2008, 15:40   #28
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Re: How much is PA worth? really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
How do you value the brand name of Planetarion?
Well this is the million dollar question....
The brand is worth something, if only as a marketing prop (planetarion as one of the first browser based MMO which has had hundreds of thousands of players).
I regularly run into players who have come back to the game after being gone a long time, a marketing campaign that got the name back out there might stir up interest among that old player base, enough to bring in a significant number of old players. But in terms of what it is really worth dollar wise? I don't really know, I'd have to go and do some market analysis, business planning, and strategic development to really have a clue. Anyone who is throwing a number out there right now as to what it's worth is really just making a wild guess.

The number I threw out was purely based on revenue, and is a typical method for evaluating software companies, but is by no means the only way to do it. The fact is no one knows what PA is worth because no one has ever executed (or probably even come up with) a business plan to make PA a successful company. Clearly there are some folks who would love to try, but unless the new owners get excited about it and work it out, or hire someone who understands how to run a software business we may never know.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote