View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2008, 14:12   #20
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold
Re: How much is PA worth? really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
Some of these large numbers are seriously overvaluing it in my opinion.
There is very little chance of ever recouping the cost of £50k. The playerbase is slowly declining and not increasing! If you buy it and try to change the game so much with improvements which are so badly needed you're still unlikely to please the majority of existing players.
Investment decisions are about looking forward into the prospect of a product. It is not about the current decline in players nor about pleasing the existing players. It is about making it a product attractive to a new group of players.
Monroe was right about the intrinsic value that PA has, hence it could be an interesting investment.
And I think that we all agree that PA needs an overhaul. So that isn't an issue imo.
Answer to the questions posed:

A. I would pay the market value, whatever it is.
B. To offer a good game to nice people, BUT with the decent structure behind it that it needs.
C. If I would buy, it would all be mine... Mine... MINE!
D. For my ego.
E. Yes, the management side would be mine
F. I would go for break-even.
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote