View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2012, 07:23   #36
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Galaxy Fund Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3k View Post
Okay, so - late starters are designed to allow for people to join in and play who maybe weren't available at PT0. Or even people who've suffered catastrophic starts to the round etc. With these people coming in late (whatever the reason) - they get the same 24-hour protection as everyone else did, but they're joining the game at a time when every other planet has over 300 ticks advantage on them.

From my understanding, people using the fund to hide res and keep value down do so purely so that they can stock up to 50m/each to give them 500k value worth of ships at a time when they're more confidently able to 'join in' on a level with everyone else.

It seems to me that people just don't like the fact that there can be a planet here or there that has more roids than them that they can't hit. Might this be more to do with people's frustration that they can't get at these "easy roids" of late starters, so want to rule the 'tactic' out?

It just seems like a "If I can't roid them, they shouldn't be allowed to do it" kind of suggestion.
The strategy of late starting and hiding res in funds involves not actually playing the entire game. I don't mean the first 300 ticks of the round there, I mean the 600 that follow. No matter how fat you are, being tiny means you get no significant incs, relative to your larger but less fat gal mates. That is the main gripe I have with it. It's a lot like being in vacation mode, except your income doesn't drop.

Additionally, it allows people to take bigger risks with exiling, because hey, if you don't get a spot in a fortress gal, you can always sign up late for one.

I don't think that's a way of playing that should be encouraged.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote