View Single Post
Unread 2 Oct 2016, 11:54   #65
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Next round stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
Wit 4 races 3 roiders you will have too much overlap with pod classes that it will make 2 races far better than the other 2.

With 6 races and 2 roiders you have DEFINED team ups and makes alliance actually have to pick out race distribution to cover all classes, or at worst it forces alliance to pick 2 roiding classes from the start of the round which I think should be the goal. However I am in the minorty in this opinion for sure.
Before I get into whether I agree with this, let me restate your position to make sure I understand it correctly. What you fear from 4x3 is that some 2-race combinations have more teamups between each other than others, whereas with 6x2, you can make sure each race has exactly 1 teamup with 1 other race, starting off with a sense of balance that's hard to recreate in later steps.

Assuming that's characterization is correct... my initial feeling was that you were correct, and thus I was going to agree with you, for roughly the same reason that I don't like 4x2: it gives certain pod classes (and the races they belong to) teamups but not others. But, after playing around with a spreadsheet for a moment, I think we were both wrong.

Here's a 6x2 setup that matches the pod distribution what (I think) you like to see in a set of stats:
Ter: Fi/Fr
Cat: Fi/Cr
Xan: De/Cr
Zik: Co/De
Etd: Co/Bs
Six: Fr/Bs

So if you want to go Fi, you go Ter/Cat. If you want to go Bs, you go Etd/Six. Or, if you think Xan is the strongest race, you can either pick Cat or Zik as teamup options.

Here's a 4x3 that also ensures that each roiding fleet has a single teamup option available, and additionally, no 2 races have multiple teamups options available:
Ter: Fi/Co/Bs
Cat: Fr/De/Bs
Xan: Fi/Fr/Cr
Zik: Co/De/Cr

Ter/Xan Fi, Ter/Zik Co, Cat/Xan Fr, Cat/Zik De, Xan/Zik Cr, and Ter/Cat Bs. No duplicates.

I paid no attention to assigning pod classes to races that traditionally 'own' them (Cat Co or Ter De, for instance) to keep the problem simple, but other than that, I think both of these setups would satisfy you.

Am I correct? Because if I am, see no reason to favour 4x3 over 6x2 (or 6x2 over 4x3).
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 2 Oct 2016 at 12:01.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote