View Single Post
Unread 15 Oct 2007, 18:02   #25
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Desert Island Discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
no, you can do whatever you like man.... you're free!
despite furball asking people not to criticise other peoples' lists, it's pretty much the part that makes threads like this worthwhile. you seem to have been happy with justifying your song choices, why is it that talking a bit about your choice of book is "turning into horn"? mind you i wouldn't be terribly confident of conducting an "existential debate" after reading camus either. (lol)
you've missed the point andrew, what i presumed he was inferring was that i don't genuinely like the stranger as opposed to the stranger being a good piece of literature. as far as justifying goes, the reason i find the stranger wonderful has very little to do with silly and drub existentialism but more because it, unlike any other piece of literature i've come across has filled me with a sense of peace that i find pretty blissful to be honest. anything and everything i like is nearly definitely to do with what feeling i can derive from it, there's probably a few things in various art forms that i like that don't hold up objective value in their own craft form but certainly none of the things i've listed fall in that category.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote