View Single Post
Unread 1 Oct 2015, 21:53   #58
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold
Re: Inc stats discussion pos R63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post
http://i.imgur.com/GIIKeBT.png?1

The red highlight signifies hostiles which were p3nguins/Faceless at the time.

If Bram's data is accurate then I suppose the game itself is lying.
You also have a screenshot of the top of the alliance def page?
Checking the fleets suggest that this screenshot was taken between PT 659 and PT 660.

Latest fleet is at eta 7, these all had landing tick 666.
That means eta 1 was landing tick 660.
This matches with your fleets which are shown at eta 4 to 7:5:7 and that fleet had landing tick PT 663.

So the totals shown by PA should've shown the not yet recalled incs between PT 660 and PT 666.

Counting the attack and fake attack fleets shows 150 fleets vs 210 in your screenshot.
Counting the defend and fake defend fleets shows 131 fleets vs 149 in your screenshot. This difference can be explained by PL def fleets in the forts; the data I have only contains actually launches.

As for the attack fleets: atm I have no explanation why your screenshot shows 210 fleets..

The screenshot shows 52 attack fleets and 'your fleets defending in the alliance' shows an additional 8 fleets (well, 7 + 1 recall)

Checking the data I received contains all these 60 fleets.
It also contains another 90 fleets not in the screenshot.

Running the stats for PT 660 - PT 666
Code:
        | BF    | p3n   | Face  | CT    | RB    | Ult   | HR    | ND    | Norse | HODOR | Terra | ASC   | COBRA | GBP   | Other | Total |
|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|
| BF    |       |    49 |    69 |       |       |    17 |     2 |       |       |    10 |       |       |       |       |     3 |   150 |
|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|-------|

Now another set of data: HR did news all BF planets at PT 700.
Luckily: PT 660 - 666 nicely fits in the range of the news scans;
Unluckily: a news scan on a planet receiving a fleet does not show if it is hostile or not;
So need to take a bit of a guess:
  • if the planet sending a fleet is/was in the galaxy (or has eta 4) then it was a def fleet;
  • if the planet sending a fleet is in BF then it was a confirmed def fleet (outgoing fleets do show the type in N scans and all BF were scanned)
  • if the planet sending a fleet is not in BF then *very likely* it was an attack fleet;

Using my older tool to count the incs based on the news scan database and limiting it to Attack/Unknown fleets shows:
Code:
non Black Flag: 152
Black Flag: 0
Faceless: 71   ---   p3nguins: 49   ---   Ultores: 17   ---   HODORS: 10   ---   No Alliance: 3   ---   Howling Rain: 2

So the data we got from News scans are very close to the data we got from the fleets as provided by the PA team.
The data is way off from the count in your screenshot..

I can think of three possibilities:
  • a bug on the alliance def page
  • members in BF pre-reported 60 fleets with wrong landing ticks
  • a photoshop job

There might be other reasons ofc..

But the stats I posted being wrong seems fairly unlikely since my other data source shows the very similar numbers.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote