Thread: PA clones
View Single Post
Unread 28 Dec 2004, 13:50   #21
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
Re: PA clones

What you could do is asking the more popular "clones" to add a banner for PA on a prominent place in their game for free. It could be used to remind players which already know PA but arent aware of relevant dates like a new rounds beginning or some of the many recent changes they may like or free restricted planets beeing available (again). Also the more successfull clones may have gathered new players which arent aware of the original PA and these banners will make them check it out.

I dont think the clones can deny such a free banner as they clearly owe to PA. I would emphasize the fact PA has evolved and therefore gives a new/different playing experience then before (then the clones which offer old experience for free and therefore its hard to compete with) and also ofc. stress that PA is the original/root of this type of games. Just dont overdo it so the banner isnt devalueing to the clone. A prominent place could be the overview page so it shows regularly but not on every page. On the login page it would probably be skipped too quickly by too many players as they often want to quickly login to the game.

I think that could give PA some new players in one form or the other - what do you people think?
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote