View Single Post
Unread 4 Oct 2010, 10:35   #41
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Alliance Points Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
We do that already, its called the alliance ranking system which ranks by score (which is mainly value).

It then avoids pure numbers taking the #1 spot by the alliance tag, which only a smaller amount actually contribute to that score. So a smaller alliance can be #1 if they've got 50 (or whatever the number is) more active/better players than other alliances.
with ganging up in planetarion, as we`ve seen in past what every round, and with having 40-50 additional members in tag making defpool larger than the smaller alliance has - this system still is not giving any possible way for smaller 40-50 man tags to compete for #1, or even #3.

Im not saying here that 5man tag should get a roundwin if thats 5 uberactive members there.. just that i still stand strong to my idea that with the reduced playerbase it would also make sense to make alliances more smaller and therefore make the competition a bit more interesting.. and dont start with the arguments about not having enough ppl to form new tags, etc.. this aint right and u know it

ive already gotten used to the fact that the tags aint gonna be made smaller and more competition will not be introduced with that so im not even trying to fight for it nemore :P apart from unregular mentioning of the subject in the forums

i know everyone has their own opinions and the way they see it in their head, which is good i guess.. just that not many prominent ppl from planetarion forums share my view :/