Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:09   #38
Bobzeh
Sheep Lover

Bobzeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Premiership Predictions 2004/2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh

but Samuel is horrendous
Once again, you = idiot. Do you actually watch our games week in week out?!

As much as I'm biased through being a Villa fan, Samuel is easily one of the best left-backs in the division. Ashley Cole and (probably) Olivier Bernard are the only ones I'd rather have instead of him. He creates, he scores, he has pace. His only major let down is that he isn't a very solid tackler - that's what centre backs are for though. He WILL be in the England national team in years to come and is probably the biggest success of our awesome youth development scheme. Much of what you said about us, however, is true, aside from the obvious stupid comments such as:

"Gavin McCann battled so hard that Sunderland got relegated"

You seem to forget that last season was McCann's first season at Villa. A midfielder that we needed to add bite. A season which saw us improve from 16th to 6th. He was exactly what we needed in there.

Whilst our side doesn't have the strong midfield that the bigger clubs can boast, we have a very decent defence and a formidable attack (I'd be more scared about Vassell and Cole running at me than say Hasselbaink and Viduka, even if they have a better track record in terms of goals). Although I can't quite see us pulling off a European place this season, it's not out of our reach. We won't leak many goals, in my opinion. As for league predictions...

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Man Utd
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Newcastle
7. Villa
8. Birmingham
9. Middlesbrough
10. Bolton
11. Fulham
12. Man City