View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2009, 08:44   #13
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Notifications on in-game events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
Email notification for con/res i don't really see any issues with, it should be a rather safe thing to have.

Things involving fleets is a bit more of a concern.
Even if the gather up events in one mail per tick for a planet, there's gonna be a lot of mails if someone keeps launching and recalling.
Mails for incoming would obviously happen during tick, recalling is more of an instant thing which we would either have to wait for the next tick or send when the recall happens. In which case it would basically be 1 mail per fleet recalling.
And i'm sure we can all see that somewhere along the line there's someone that's gonna be abusing this, either to annoy the planet(s) or try to load down us

Really don't want this to turn out like the various notification system for stuff like car alarms/"your car's been stolen" etc...
I was very well aware of the launch / recall possibility - I do not see that problem, though. With my original suggestion you could simply turn those notifications of. And, as you might see from my reply to Newt, this is not exactly creating load or costing money for PA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
Big no from me on this one.. u dont need activity at all in this game like that :P
atm if u wanna do well u check the pa as much as possible, find mates that sms u when u get incs.. etc..

this one would make it too easy and silly.. every time i launch i know that the planet is well aware that ive sent attack against it.. u will take away the surprise element here :P
One major point of my idea was to reduce the amount of activity required, and to be able to achieve a little bit without actually knowing other people in this game. Just to make the game more accesible for people.
Also, just because there are extra notifications it still does not mean that your target knows about this. His mobile phone might be switched off, or he simply is not online to check his mails.