View Single Post
Unread 10 Jun 2009, 23:26   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Notifications on in-game events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
Awesome for the current player-base. Would be pretty intensive on email/sms servers though in a larger universe*. Would it even be viable then? And if not, if pa team are planning on expanding the game sometime (by facebook or whatever), should they spend time on it now for it to be useless by r38 or so.

* I assume! I have no idea myself
E-Mails generate relatively low amounts of traffic. Assuming that standard notification e-mail can be kept to 4 KB of data, and 1 GB of traffic with a decent bandwidth costs less than 10$, it would hardly cost anything in addition. 4 KB of data means there could be 268435456 notifications per tick, or, assuming a 2000 tick round, 134217.728 notifications per tick. For only 10$ more investment. Assuming 5$ per credit, that's only 2 more credits required to get that money back. That really is not the issue there.

Regarding facebook: Once PA offers multiple ways to receive notifications, or something like a facebook interface, then this could be extended to facebook e-mails, and stuff like that.