Thread: Galaxy Thoughts
View Single Post
Unread 8 Jan 2014, 18:59   #49
Zotnam
Over the moon

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future
Re: Galaxy Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motti View Post
Tbh, tweak whatever. What keeps the same(ish) group of players/gals at top everytime is in my opinion;

- Politics
- More politics
- Influence and/or insight in own alliance(s)
- Network of friends
- The fact EVERY alliance leak almost every intel (atleast to top gals)
- The fact that atleast one in top gal bother to DC when needed
- The fact that the core of the galaxy atleast bother to stay up at night to sen def / attack ....etc
- A small level of skill, atleast for a few in the galaxy
- COORDINATION INGAL

Most of these factors you cant really change/tweak/ban/block.

And if the goal is to make galwin mainly based on luck (if just random) then why bother?
I absolutely agree with this. As inactive as some people claim to be, those at the top are all extremely active when they need to be (incoming). There's really close to zero effort involved in picking a target and launching at it, so there's no need to put much effort into the game unless it's for defense. Even in a scenario where you get incoming 3 times a week, you have 4 days where you only need to spend 15 min on your planet. I'm not saying I don't usually spend more, but last round I didn't and favorable politics meant few nights of incoming.

Imo whatsapp has changed the game as well, it's never been easier to contact people at any time and our group channel is more busy than our irc channel nearly every day. Plus you stay chatting between rounds because people can read your messages whenever, rather than only being able to talk to you while you are on irc. There's definite an edge to groups who use this tool efficiently.

But if you want more luck involved, then why even bother having the game tick? Let's just put all our nicks in a hat and draw the winner of each round. The less luck there's involved in the game, the better imo and getting stuck in a shitty gal or not is pure luck.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote