View Single Post
Unread 26 Aug 2005, 10:42   #33
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Stat changes for R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Not necessarily - tbh i cant tell what is too little or too much without seeing the stoats in relation to each other. I find it interesting that you can, though. Perhaps you should do the stats then mate :\.
Well, I know Cathaar and I know them well, I'd say. Just for the simple fact I played them the whole round since r6. To judge stats you have to see them over a longer period, a 'beta' won't show if they are balanced anymore for 2 simple reasons: the beta is to short and the ticks are to fast. I can't say if Xan/Ter/Zik is good, all what I can say is I as Cathaar can easily attack Xan and Cath, I can now and then attack a Terran and on rare occasions I can attack a Zik. I talk about targets my value or higher, btw.
The other thing I can say is I am easily attacked by Xan, Ter, Zik and Cat.
At the beginning of the round I had a high value planet leading to more incs and more XP for my attackers, now other races catch up and take over in value.
If you end the round now, Cathaars might have been to strong. For the whole round, it will be ok, I am pretty sure. And most likely I will even have my usual hard time getting any rank at all towards the end, just as it used to be.
That the whole game shifts to CR/BS incomings is not exactly bad for me, I like to be able to sleep a tad longer.

For the XP timing out: I think this is the only way to do a certain limit to XP Whoring. It may not time out to fast, but probably a slow decreasing of XP over time will balance the game much more than a change in stats will.

Just remember Gerbie back when XP was introduced, he had no ships and almost unstoppable #1 position in universe. He read the rules and stats and acted on it. He just got his XP deleted and a limit for maximum XP/roid got introduced. The limit is fine and reasonable, but with XP expiring it would not at al have been necessary to delete his XP.

Regards,
_are_