View Single Post
Unread 25 Aug 2005, 17:54   #28
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Stat changes for R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAdnRisKy
it also has its primary roiding fleet in which only one class of ship need be sent, unlike any other race,
I'd argue that Caths need to send BWs with their CR in order to be able to roid Dragon-heavy Terrans.

As to the rest of your post... I agree with your reasoning, but I just don't see any empirical evidence that there's a problem.

I think it's actually a philosophical difference - I'd rather look at the system as a whole, and see what's actually working - an empiricist approach. Most of the posters here seem to be taking a rationalist approach.

From an empirical standpoint, there really is no problem - there's a balance between the average roid counts and values. The evidence shows that there is balance.

This means that either:
a) Cath don't have an advantage from the stats
b) Cath do have an advantage, but this advantage is balanced out by other factors

The problem is that stats discussion never takes these other factors into consideration. The fact that Caths tend to get more incoming than other races is ignored, because it's a statement based on observation of "real world" behaviour and can't be explained purely in terms of tweaks to the targetting of specific ships.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote