View Single Post
Unread 27 Apr 2005, 11:36   #22
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Neural Network Problem

Perhaps... Like, "hey, you bought a new PSU for the third time, perhaps this nice protective power-socket-box-thingy is nice too".

But yes, a neural network could be used I think... every product is an input to the network, and if a user has bought a motherboard and a videocard, it would be logical to also point him to the processors. Outputs of neurons "Mobo" and "videocard" are inputs on neuron "processor".
And if the motherboard is cheap, and the videocard is cheap, then point him to a cheap processor instead of an expensive one.
So, neuron "cheap mobo" would put a signal on all neurons "cheap component"

The neural net would be quite complex though, so instead I'd use ratings, either calculated on the fly or in the database. How exactly this should work I don't know, but I'm sure you could figure that out.