View Single Post
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:10   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Congratulations eXilition

KweKKweK, here's an amended version of what I sent to HK, as there were certain contents of it that I can't be bothered to deal with the intense flaming for. In other areas, I just improved my reply. I'm not sure if it's a direct reply to what you are suggesting, but I felt it was close enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Because your membership keep wanting to compare themselves to an alliance playing in an entirely different context, who play round after round and don't 'do' rest. As you will note on the thread I have not claimed anything about exilition's political relations (Note: HK suggested I mentioned blocking in this thread, I haven't) - please desist from reading in and inferring things.

The fact is 1up has the unenviable role of trying to defend their title after winning a round, while exilition have never wanted to take on this challenge, yet somehow think they are engaged in an equal battle with 1up. 1up have to deal with the consequences (being disliked, tired) of winning a round. Exilition join when these consequences come to the fore (i.e. 1up are in a position of weakness) and never decide to take them on themselves.

While it is smart and sensible, I find it:

a) a terrifically dull way of playing planetarion, as I just sit here, predict the round and log out. The only way it could EVER be justified is if all alliances who won, disbanded on principle to restore political balance, which I think would be a good thing. As such we have 1up with a legacy of victories and great performances and exilition with some fine individual efforts, and the first category is a better one, in my opinion.

b) terribly moronic when your members think they are planetarion's version of sliced bread when the real reason they've won is because essentially, someone has picked the right round to use them in.

c) weak that you can't stomach two rounds in a row if you really want to be regarded as a 'top' alliance when the demands of the game are hardly massive compared to how they used to be.

I'm not trying to find any excuses for 1up - I'm simply saying for Exilition to compare themselves to 1up is mighty rich when you look at things in context.

This is my opinion - it does not change. I am sure Exilition have played well. I doubt you need my approval to know whether you are any good or not. In all honesty, I think you've got under 1up's skin quite a great deal, because there is not much they can 'do' about the way you play and they seem to feel under pressure before the round even starts.

I'm sure if you chose to continue after this round, there might be a slightly different tale.

I have no preference for either alliance (infact much the opposite for my own reasons), but I enjoy contributing my opinion to the discussion.

Last edited by lokken; 6 Aug 2006 at 21:17.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote