View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2006, 09:28   #48
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Recent Elections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Well, i just noticed that wikipedia speculates that Jack Straw asked to be demoted away from the Foreign Office - bit interesting.

It should be noted, though, that the article also mentioned that the Deputy PM asked to be stripped of his portfoilo after he stripped his secretary, and that Clarke refused the offer of an alternative ministerial post.
Yes, I heard about Straw as well. However, it seems a suprising time to do it and I think that it may have come a little early for Straw and the country - a general ambition doesn't always equal urgent need. The reshuffle was forced on Blair by recent scandals and the local election defeats. Besides, appointing Beckett as replacement is dire. I think I would have suggested to Gordon Brown that if he wants to become PM, he'd need experience outside of the Treasury, and Foreign Secretary is perfect for that.

I doubt that Prescott really suggested he should lose his powers - perhaps it was suggested that he suggest it