Thread: Lostprophets
View Single Post
Unread 28 Jun 2006, 14:56   #22
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Lostprophets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
sure it is, "in the scene", give it 6 months. similarly, emo wasn't a new nor a big thing either until it spread from the US.
Music is cyclical in terms of popularity but the subgenres always remain active even when it isn't popular. Metalcore has been around years and years, granted it hasn't been popular since the late 1980s but there's always been metalcore bands around just like emo wasn't popular throughout most of the 1990s but there were always emo bands out there (Jimmy Eat World were still pretty big), just because people are starting to like something again doesn't make it new. Don't worry at least we're long overdue a proper new wave of Ska !

Much as I'd like to refrain from commenting on the "scene" I can't resist, I think it's one of those things that as you grow up past about the age of 19/20 you start to see through and realise just how cringe worthy most of the people associated with it are, while maybe this is just scathing at the South Wales area I'm 95% certain it's true for everywhere. horn if your idea of a good time is to hang around at shows with a bunch of posing, insecure, drama queens, who feel they need to name their brand of uniform non conformity to give them some sort of meaning and bragging rights then you should look into going to these places !
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote